Education + Advocacy = Quality Care and Caregiver Dignity www.caringacross.org
Caring Across Generations: Faith-based Los Angeles Alliance (CAG:fbla)
Member of the CAG Los Angeles Care Council
THE FIRST SAN FERNANDO VALLEY INTERFAITH SOLIDARITY MARCH
SUNDAY, September 10, 2017
2:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
FOR ALL PEOPLE OF FAITH AND CONSCIENCE
As a symbol of solidarity and unity with our marginalized communities, neighbors and colleagues, we invite you to march with us between several select houses of worship in between Encino, Tarzana and Reseda in the San Fernando Valley.
In commemoration of the 16th anniversary of 9/11, we reject violence in the name of religion.
We will walk and work in solidarity with communities impacted by hate.
On this day we will celebrate and promote our common humanity.
The 2 mile March begins at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church on the corner of Ventura Blvd. and White Oak Avenue, followed by a stop at Temple Judea, and ending at the Islamic Center of Reseda with a reception.
- Parking for the March will be at Our Lady of Grace and at Crespi High School, 5031 Alonzo Avenue, just west of White Oak.
- There will be buses available at the Islamic Center of Reseda to take marchers back to Our Lady of Grace following the final program and reception.
- Water and snacks will be provided.
- And beautiful T-Shirts will be for sale!
SPONSORS (partial list):
- Institute for Religious Tolerance, Peace and Justice
- Muslim Women Speakers
- Temple Judea
- Our Lady of Grace Roman Catholic Church
- Islamic Center of Reseda
- The Sikh Coalition
- Temple Beth Hillel
- Caring Across Generations: Faith-based Los Angeles Alliance
- Clergy & Laity United for Economic Justice (CLUE) Rotary Club of Woodland Hills
- Pilipino Workers Center
- St. Charles Borromeo Roman Catholic Church of North Hollywood
- Muslims For Progressive Values
- Shadow Hills Presbyterian Church of Sunland, California
- Ecclesia Church of Hollywood
- Adat Ari El
- St. Genevieve Roman Catholic Church of Panorama City, California
- Immaculate Heart High School
- Crespi High School
- Los Angeles City Council Member Bob Blumenfield
- Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice
- Los Angeles Mayor’s Office of Public Engagement
- Valley Outreach Synagogue & Center for Jewish Life
***WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE AT THE MARCH!!!***
***THOSE WHO PHYSICALLY CANNOT MARCH CAN CHOOSE TO JUST JOIN US FOR TALKS BY GUEST SPEAKERS ON SHARED ISSUES REGARDING CAREGIVING, HEALTH CARE, AND THE LIKE AT ANY OF THE MAJOR STOPOVER POINTS:
Our Lady of Grace 5011 White Oak Avenue
Temple Judea, 5429 Lindley Avenue
Islamic Center of Reseda 18209 Victory Blvd